Can’t stop, won’t stop: Protesters in Ferguson rally again, seeking justice for Mike Brown. More than a month and a half after his death, his killer, Darren Wilson, is still a free man. (Pt 2)
Because it wouldn’t be a protest in Ferguson without fuckery from the police. A driver plowed his car through protesters, grazing several and running over a young boys foot. Beyond taking several hours to transport the boy to the hospital, they took even longer to arrest the motorist. Who did they not wait long to arrest? Two of the protesters who had been documenting the altercation for the world to see. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention. #staywoke #farfromover #nojusticenopeace
Darren Hunt of Utah
The murder of young Black Men by police continues.
oh for fucks SAKE
Y’all he was shot in the back…. HE WAS SHOT IN THE BACK…
He was carrying a sword? This mf in my geography class carried a sword to class everyday and when I expressed my discomfort it was dismissed. But this brotha was shot in the back.
and it was a blunted sword.. couldn’t have cut anybody… but white people walking around with loaded rifles in target…
Exactly! This is evil.
Damn. Niggas can’t even cosplay anymore? I would love to see the cosplay community say something about this but that definitely won’t happen
Also: this paper is edited by a clown. It should’ve been in the first fucking paragraph that this dude was cosplaying. I’m reading this shit wondering why the fuck this negro is walking down the street with a sword and obvious answer is hidden almost at the en of the article.
This dude was cosplaying.
He was dressed up in a costume.
Should all black people just stay home on Halloween this year?
Friendly reminder that the police shot a black cosplayer in the back
(( I am a cosplayer in Utah. This horrible occurrence happened a few towns over from where I live. Darren Hunt -was- cosplaying when he was shot. Does the news mention this? No.
This is a photo of what Darren was wearing, it was snapped moments before he was shot:
It looks to me like he was cosplaying Samurai Champloo. And according to his family, the sword he was carrying was a decorative art piece, it was a prop!
I want to know how much of a threat a cosplayer could have been, with a prop sword, who was shot in the back? The police claim he lunged at them with the sword. Lunging requires a forward facing motion. So, why was he shot in the back? This is not okay! ))
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FOLLOWING ME.
REBLOG AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH.
FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS!
IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR A DRESS! That is a-okay! I will pay for a cosplay of your liking as long as it’s under 200 USD! You will still receive a headband, tea (of your liking) and a tea set!
If you would like a closer look at the sites that I’ll be purchasing from!
GIVEAWAY WILL END AUGUST 1ST! IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 I MUST HAVE SOME FORM OF PERMISSION FROM YOUR GUARDIAN(S)!
The desired dress of choice will take awhile to make so please keep that in mind! Thank you!
Hello, dear followers!
Over the last few months my blog has been growing like crazy, and sadly I’ve missed a bunch of landmarks— so I thought I would make up for that! This last weekend my blog hit 17,777 followers and whoa that’s a lot of writerly friends! I’m super glad to see that my writing advice has been able to help tens of thousands of people (on a daily basis!).
So, to spread the love even more, I thought I would run a giveaway!
- 1 winner will get digital copies of ALL of my books! Ravensgem, Justine’s Blood, and A Secret Named Sophie! You will get them in DRM-FREE ePUB and Mobi, so you can read them practically anywhere! Your tablet, your computer, and even on your phone!
- 7 other winners will get digital copies of one of my books, their pick! Also in digital DRM-FREE ePUB and Mobi~ ♥︎
- This giveaway will end on June 13th (Friday) at 11:59PM PST.
- Likes and Reblogs Count (just be mindful of your followers!)
- You must be following me c;
- All winners will be chosen using a random number generator.
- If a winner does not respond within 72 hours, another will be chosen. Please have your ask-boxes open!
- You have to be okay with providing me with an email address (so I can send you the books!).
- This giveaway is open worldwide!
Again, thank you to everyone who is following my blog (and a doubly-serving of ‘thank yous’ to the awesome people who have sent me sweet messages, I may not respond to all of them— but I always read them!). You’re seriously the best followers ever!
Let’s keep writing, and filling the world with wonderful stories~ ♥︎
WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE MORSE CODE BRACELET GIVEAWAY
I’ve written about how much I love Welcome to Night Vale before, and I’ve been selling literature inspired Morse code jewellery on Etsy for a while now. I’ve always wanted to make WTNV themed Morse code bracelets, but as Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor have asked people not to sell Night Vale merchandise because everyone who works on Night Vale does so for free (a request I 100% support), I’ve never found an excuse to make any. Then Morse code was featured in a recent episode of the podcast and I couldn’t resist making some new designs any longer!
SO, to celebrate Welcome to Night Vale’s two year anniversary, I will be giving away a selection of the WTNV themed Morse code bracelets pictured above to four randomly selected winners.
The bracelet options are:
1. Triple strand - “ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD”
2. Triple strand - “AND I FELL IN LOVE INSTANTLY”
1. Single strand - “WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE”
2. Single strand - “ETERNAL SCOUT”
3. Single strand - “STREXCORP”
4. Single strand - “CECIL”
5. Single strand - “CARLOS”
6. Single strand - “NEAT!”
Here’s everything you need to know!
- The bracelets use international Morse code to spell out names, words, or phrases from the show. Each round silver bead represents a dot, each long silver bead represents a dash, and each purple bead symbolises a space between letters. It doesn’t photograph too well (I’m a writer not a photographer!), but the purple beads have a cool metallic sheen to them. Every bracelet is designed and handmade by me and will come with a slip of paper translating the code.
- There will FOUR winners; each winner can take their pick of either any combination of THREE of the single strand bracelets or ONE of the tripled strand bracelets pictured above. Each winner’s choice will be completely independent of the other winners’ choices, so more than one person can choose the same bracelet. I really wish I were able to offer more to each winner, or choose more winners, but it’s just not feasible for me to cover postage and material costs for any more than that at the moment, sorry!
- I will contact the winners with info on how to measure your wrist and I will custom make your chosen bracelet(s). The bracelets pictured above are designed to fit a 6 inch wrist, but I can make them in literally any size from 5 inches +.
- To enter, just reblog this post! Every reblog counts as an entry. You can enter as many times as you like (but please don’t spam your followers!!). Giveaway blogs won’t be included, likes don’t count, and you absolutely don’t have to be following me to enter. If you’d like to signal boost without entering the giveaway (which I would really appreciate!), maybe you could consider linking to this post on your blog or sharing it with your friends.
- The four winners will be chosen by a random number generator. I’ll contact you via ask boxes, so please make sure they’re open!
- You must be comfortable with giving me your address. It should go without saying, but I will treat your contact details with the same complete confidentiality as I do with the information shared through my Etsy shop - I won’t share anything with anyone and I will delete everything as soon as I’ve posted your bracelet(s). If I don’t receive a reply from a winner within 7 days of contacting you (I will keep trying to contact you, I promise, I know how much asks can play up!), a new winner will be chosen in your place.
- I live in the UK, but I can ship internationally, to anywhere in the world. Postage is free, the bracelets are free, literally nothing about this will cost you anything but the time it takes to click the reblog button.
- The giveaway will end and the winners will be chosen at midnight GMT on Tuesday 1st July 2014, so get reblogging!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions at all, and good luck!
Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Any salad can be a Caesar salad if you stab it enough
i feel slightly offended
And it’s not even March
I’ve been waiting for this day to come